Saturday, November 21, 2009

Vacation!

I just booked a trip to Hawaii for my anniversary.  I am so excited!  My husband and I are heading to Oahu on January 28th to Oahu.  We are staying at the Turtle Bay Resort on the North Shore for 4 nights.  I've you've ever seen Forgetting Sarah Marshall, the movie was set primarily at the Turtle Bay Resort.  After 4 nights, we are heading to Maui where we will be staying at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa for three nights.

I've never been to Hawaii before.  In fact, this is basically my dream vacation.  We didn't get a honeymoon, and haven't traveled very extensively at all.  I am SO beyond excited about this trip.  It is really something to look forward to, and I think I'll have fun with the planning as well. 

My husband used to live in Hawaii years ago when he was in the Army, so I think that Oahu is a special place for him and I'm looking forward to learning something more about him after all these years together.  I also have always had it in my mind that we would start a family after we've had the opportunity to take our dream vacation.  Of course, in my mind we would go to paradise and get pregnant on vacation.  We all know that isn't going to happen!

As far as my IVF plans, I am going to schedule a meet up with Dr. B in mid January.  I hope to start BCPs with my period in January, and start stimming when I return from Hawaii.  I think that the timing will work out ok.  If not, I'll put it off until February / March.  I want to do one cycle in the winter, and, if that's not successful, I'll wait until after Mother's Day (and my miscarried baby's due date).  So, I don't mind waiting a bit.  I also need more time to work on my weight loss plans.  To date, I've lost about 30 pounds since I was pregnant.   I want to lose another 10 to 20 pounds before we try again. 

That's my story.  Welcome all ICLWers!

13 comments:

  1. I have so many things to say about your post.

    First, you are going to LOVE Hawaii. Hawaii is one of the major reasons my husband and I waited so long to have kids. We kept going back, and back, and back...all together about 8 times. One time we were snorkeling in Maui in a place called Black Rock, and we saw scuba divers swim by underneath us. From that moment on, we decided that we were going to learn to scuba dive. We did, ended up traveling the world, and putting off kids. So, Hawaii can be dangerous! It will certainly be your dream vacation. If you like snorkeling, make sure you take a trip out to Molokini.

    I think it is wonderful that you are losing so much weight. I lost 50 pounds last year, but have been putting it back on since my miscarriage. I think that losing weight will only make your IVF go even better.

    You have a lot of things to look forward to...A wonderful vacation and an upcoming IVF. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!! We went to Oahu two years ago and it was absolutely amazing!!!

    That's great that you have something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am green with envy!! I so want to go to Hawaii too!! It will do you wonders, that's a given and I am so happy to hear you so positive and with a plan. You have done amazingly on your weight loss, this is Determination with a capital D! I have everythign crossed for 2010 (for both of us!). Much love, Fran

    ICLW post too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DH and I had such a wonderful time in Oahu and especially at Turtle Bay. It was so beautiful! I am so excited for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! What a great thing to look forward to! The Turtle Bay resort pics are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, I'm so excited for you! Hawaii is tied with Thailand for the best vacation DH and I have ever taken.

    When you go to Maui, one of the things you should do is rent a car and drive the Road to Hana, it takes you all along the island and is so pretty. On the way back, you HAVE to eat at Mama's Fish House. Make sure to make a reservation now, contrary to the casual sound of its name it's actually one of the nicest ambience restaurants to which I've ever been and the food is incredible. And this from a someone who had food poisoning for the 4 days prior to going to the restaurant!

    http://mamasfishhouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome...I'm sure you will have a great time on your trip and can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to Maui a couple of years ago and I really enjoyed it. The beautiful tradewinds really saved it from being too hot. You'll have a wonderful time, I'm sure. Eat pineapple. Lose weight, it will help your IVF plans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Argh!! I'm so jealous you are going to Hawaii!!

    Hope you have a wonderful time!

    Happy ICLW!
    Sass

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE Hawaii...you will certainly have a fab time. How can you not? Glad to hear you feel good about your cycling plan. Sometimes just getting that decided on is a big deal. And from my perspective, that means you can have lots of yummy beach drinks while in Hawaii!

    Thanks for the visit my way and happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like an awesome vacation! We honeymooned in Hawaii and loved it! Best of luck with the weight loss- I'm in the same boat! Here via ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very jealous of a Hawaii vacation! Good for you guys. I bet you will have a fabulous time. Oh and I love your shark cupcakes...they are so cute! You did a great job on them.

    ReplyDelete