Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 6 - the freak out

I'm on day 6 of stims and I feel like I'm not getting anywhere.  My E2 was 625 and I have two follicles on my right at 15 and 19 and "some" less than 10 on my left and right.  This feels like I'll never get there.  They reminded me that I need 3 at 16 or greater for retrieval and that I might lose the 19. 

I am on a different protocol this time, so I can't really compare to last cycle.  However, last cycle at 8 days my E2 was at 904 and I had a handful between 10 and 13 and I think a few bigger ones.  I guess I'm just having that "last chance IVF" freak out where I'm concerned something will go wrong and the cycle will be a bust.  Hopefully not, but if it is going to bust, I'd like to NOT go to retrieval so that I can live to fight another day.

The nurse says that Dr. B. doesn't want to change anything and that I should come in again on Friday morning for another u/s and b/w.  I'm holding myself back from calling him directly.  If I lose the 19 I might.  I'm just in that uncomfortable waiting place and I hate it. 

6 comments:

  1. Breath, my dear, breath! Everything will be just fine. You are being closely monitored and the Dr. will make sure you have eggs to harvest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give up! Like Jem said, you are being closely monitored and their goal is to make sure that you have the best possible outcome for this cycle. It may just take a few extra days of being on the stims to get there. I'm thinking about you and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hoping that on Friday morning everything will be looking great and you will be right where you need to be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Day 6 is still very early on a short protocol, you'll see on friday a much better situation, you won't loose the 19 one as you are suppressed and the egg will not mature. I know it's stressful but I am very optimistic for you! Fran

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a long protocol and my eggs were slow going, and then all of a sudden 12 plumped up and they triggered me...dont lose faith just yet...do your ovaries feel sore yet? Its a tough process, but one you will make it thru. Prayers for tomorrow...and if you dont feel something is right, EVER, you can always call them to check on you.....that is what we pay them the big bucks for!!!!!!! Hugs, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Remember, I had nothing going on through stim day 11 and wound up with a nice ER and 5 embies! Some of us are just slower than others. As long as your E2 keeps rising, you're in good shape. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete