Thursday, April 1, 2010

Unsettled

Today is our one year IVF anniversary.  A year ago, M and I had our first shot class and orientation work-up for IVF.  A year ago, I assumed that I'd have resolution by now.  I was hopeful.

I've been noticing that I'm feeling more and more unsettled lately.  I think that all of this stress and ambiguity is affecting me in surprising ways.  I am on edge and feeling burnt out.  I'm a lunatic with unfinished projects.  On occasion, I'll just completely lose it with M because something wasn't done the way I wanted.  I want to control everything and nothing.  I've been having crazy dreams.  The past two days, I've woken up after a crazy dream and have felt "off" for a good portion of the day.  Last night, I had a dream that M was cheating on me with someone named Amanda.  It felt so real.  When I woke up this morning, I honestly couldn't convince myself that it was just a dream.  I had to call M into the room and ask him. 

It is to the point that I am having a hard time living with myself.  I'm making MYSELF crazy.  Poor M.  I'm not sure how he is putting up with me right now.  It can't be fun.

I wish I could say that one year from now things will be much better, but I can't.  One year from now, I could easily be in the same place as I am today.  There are no guarantees that I'll get resolution to our infertility ever - much less in one year's time.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're having a tough time. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post kinda sounds like mine from yesterday. This is a tough road. I can't say I've been through what you have, bless you, but I do understand the frustrations and the "craziness". I hope it gets better and you get exactly what you desire.

    Blessings!!!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that you're having such a difficult time. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I know how you feel about lack of resolution - it can drive you completely crazy! This time last year I was preparing for my first IVF cycle thinking that everything would be resolved soon. Now I'm preparing for my second. Hang in there! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete