Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Infertility Diet

I've read some blogs from people who are following a diet to help improve their fertility. Given how much this sucks and how little control I feel I have over the whole baby making business, it makes sense and seems proactive. I, however, am on the Infertility diet. Which consists of healthy meals sprinkled with pizza, wine, cookies and ice cream. I eat for comfort, and it has become apparent that I've needed a bit too much comforting lately. The problem is, I'm trying to make healthier choices and get more exercise, but I just don't have the energy to devote to losing weight. Depression will do that to you, you know.

I feel lost I guess, and I'm not quite sure what I do to occupy my time anymore. It feels like I'm starting over and getting to know myself all over again. I just don't have much interest in anything right now. So, I'm trying to lift myself out of this fog, trying to make healthier choices, and trying to get on with my life while I wait for cycle #2.

2 comments:

  1. No matter how much i want to and need to...I just haven't been able to get up the energy to eat right or lose weight. It's such a spiral, because the weight itself gets me down, and I don't need any help with feeling down right now.

    So...I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you. What has helped me (most of the time) is to concentrate on eating healthy as opposed to losing weight. I just read Nina Planck's new book, Real Food for Mother & Baby, and she has a whole section on what to eat to improve fertility.

    Actually, when I started losing weight for treatment, I lost the most by switching from skim milk to whole milk (on the advice of my nutritionist).

    ReplyDelete