Monday, April 20, 2009

Infertility - It's everywhere.

I am currently in sunny California for a business trip. One of my favorite ways to escape and relax is to dive head first into a romance novel. So, as the plane takes off on Saturday, I flip open my book and find a comic book strip featuring a female character walking into the fertility center. The doctor says "We have to stop meeting like this." and the woman says "Without these visits I'd have no sex life at all."

Seriously. I almost closed the book and started over. I am guessing that when authors run into a plot line stumbling block, they think, "Ok. I'll give the character fertility problems. That's funny." Whatever. I wonder if I noticed this before.

1 comment:

  1. Lately, I haven't been touchy about it unless they don't research: They leave out the wait for beta, mix up IUI/IVF, etc. It's not like it's that hard.

    But then again, I also rolled my eyes at "Friends" because they never really got Archeology and Palentology straight. And they didn't know their Periods. So I guess I'm fussy like that.

    ReplyDelete