Sunday, January 17, 2010

Finally Better!

After two weeks of being sick, I woke up this morning and finally felt a bit better.  I have only worked one full day this year, and have just been down for the count with some nasty virus.  I hit rock bottom on Thursday afternoon.  I was in so much pain.  My throat hurt so badly.  I was just miserable.  I went back to the doctor, and they told me that I could take much more pain medication than I had been taking.  I think that made the difference.  I was able to get past the pain and get some sleep which allowed me to finally start feeling better.  I can't tell you how good that feels!

I am planning on going to work tomorrow (weird!).  I don't even remember what that is like.  Today, I need to get myself together.  I'm a wreck.  My first mission is to get my nails done.  They look terrible!  So, I am determined to find a place to get a manicure today!  I also need to deal with my eyebrows.  Ugh!  I think I also need to replace some makeup after the illness, so that should be fun.  I need to keep myself from doing too much so that I don't relapse.

On the IVF front, I need to call my nurse on Monday and get her to order my medications.  I'll start my IVF cycle in February after my (much needed) vacation.  I am hopeful that maybe this will be successful.  If it is, I could end up with a baby by my husband's 40th birthday in November.  I can't imagine a better gift.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but I need to live in the light a little bit in order to have the courage to take this chance again.

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. You're vaca will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be cycle buddies! I'm on BCPs right now and will begin Lupron and the other meds in February. I really hope we're both celebrating our miracles in November!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are feeling better. Your vacation in Feb. will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you sweetheart! Glad you are feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you luck. It sure was a beautiful day in Chicago today. We should get our dogs together to play. Lizy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy,
    I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better! I'll be making my blog, My IVF Journey, private after 1/28/10, so please email me at suzannesteward69@yahoo.com if you would like to continue following my blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear you're finally feeling better! (Sorry this comment is so late - I've been completely behind in reading.)

    ReplyDelete