Sunday, August 2, 2009

Retrieval #2 coming up

I spent my weekend waking up before 6am to drive to the fertility clinic for an ultrasound and blood test. On both Saturday and Sunday. Not my ideal way to spend a weekend. But, finally, I'm nearing the end of this journey. I'm scheduled for my retrieval on Tuesday. I am planning on taking Wednesday off from work as well. I don't want a repeat of the crying in my office thing that I had last time, and I think I'd be too nervous otherwise. So, this is looking like it will be a short work week for me. At least that's a good thing.

I was looking over my blog posts from IVF #1. It's amazing how positive and optimistic I was. It's actually laughable. I was worried about having enough embryos to freeze for a frozen cycle. Can you imagine? Now, I'm just focusing on the goal of having this cycle produce 1 embryo. Getting to transfer will be a bonus.

I'm ok with my cynicism. That's more my nature anyway. I'm not usually little miss sunshine. Here's hoping I'm pleasantly surprised this week!

8 comments:

  1. Good luck on Tuesday! Sending positive vibes your way. It only takes one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the retrieval! I'll be praying for you!

    P.S. You have an award on my blog!

    www.growingtheyerkesfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the retrieval - praying it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here from L&F hoping with you for a great surprise on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a feeling this one is going to go much better! Good luck with your ER AND ET!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Tuesday brings you a new problem: how many of the many many little embryos to transfer!!!

    (via L&FCA)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending you loads of good luck via LFCA for your retrieval and hoping you get some sticky positive news soon!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. thinking of you & wishing you a WONDERFUL tuesday retrieval!!!

    ReplyDelete