Saturday, March 12, 2011

Our Story, part 1.

On Tuesday, February 1st, after a 90 minute commute home - in what should have only been a 15 minute commute, I finally arrived home from work and tucked in to wait out the major blizzard heading our way.  We were slated to receive upwards of 30 inches of snow in the next 24 hours.  I was so happy to be safely warm in my home with my husband.  Further, we didn't have to leave the next day as we already planned on working from home on Wednesday.  Suddenly, there was a large noise and it felt as if the whole house shook.  M and I looked at each other, and each ran out one door.  Our roof had been ripped off of our house and was lying in the front yard.  After much checking, we realized that the interior damage was minimal, there were no leaks, our satellite TV was still working, and we were ok.  But, the drama!  What a blizzard story we would have to tell.

On Wednesday, February 2nd, M and I were hanging out on the couch, watching the news and working.  I was starting to feel sick, and we were still recovering from the drama of our roof being torn off the house.  When... the phone rang.  I answered it and heard, "Hi Amy.  This is Mary.  I wanted to let you know that you've been matched with a birthmother."  O   M   G !!!!  I think my response was, "Oh my God! Let me get my husband."  I put her on speaker phone and we learned the details.  Mom was young.  Had a son that she was raising and had previously placed a daughter for adoption.  She found herself pregnant and the birth father wasn't in the picture.  She was from our same city (amazing, since we were reaching out nationally), and was due on February 27th.  All of the other personal and medical information fit primarily with our dream situation.  However, we decided that we would think about it and call back later.  I called my mom and sister, and told them to sit down...we had been matched with a birthmom due in less than a month.  After about an hour, we called Mary back and accepted the match.  She then arranged for a conference call with the birthmom - E.  On that call E amazed us both, and she continues to do so.  Her first statement to us was that she didn't want us to think less of us because she's making an adoption plan - she wanted us to know that she didn't take this situation lightly and wasn't looking for the easy way out.  After some getting to know you chatting, we were closing the call and E said, "I want you to know what a blessing you are to me and what a gift you have given me.  Thank you so much."  Seriously - we were the gift and the blessing - AMAZING!

The lucky thing about matching with a mom in our same city is that our homestudy agency was also our placing agency.  I was so happy about that.  It was so nice to get to work with the people I felt comfortable with, and I also know how "birthmom" pro they are, so I knew that E would get the help and care that she needed.

We arranged to meet up with E the next week, and met her, the social worker, and her son at a local restaurant.  We sat, ate cake, and chatted.  What we realized is that we like her.  It is so nice to be able to say that.  As we were leaving, we all gave her big hugs and went on our way.  The next few weeks were filled with a few phone calls and text messages and a bit of anxiety as we waited for the due date.

More to come, but I leave you with a picture from adoption court...

8 comments:

  1. OMG - I can't put in words how happy I am for you! My heart melts! {HUGS}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! So exciting! I can't wait to hear more of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you guys. It's amazing how it all works out. You deserve all the happiness in the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My little princess is so beautiful) I underwent using Dr Itua Herbal Medicine. I had a miscarriage 7 years ago. I still can’t hold back my tears when I remember that horrible period of my life. After my loss I couldn’t get back to life for a long time. I’m glad I have my husband. He gave me support I needed the most. Together we can do everything! We wanted to have kids for a really long time. We’ve gone through a lot, but if you want something badly, you’ll get it! I had to search online on how i can use herbal remedy due to my infertility then i came across Dr Itua how he cure all kind diseases and helped a lady from Kansas City to get pregnant so i contacted him on email,He gave me some guild lines to follow he also send me his herbal medicine via courier service which he instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks really i did and after 7 days of having intercourse with my husband few days later i noticed my period didn't come then i decided to go for check up i was pregnant with a baby,Dr Itua is a genuine miracle man..I've got pregnant from first attempt. We were over the moon! Our girls were born in May 2015. We've just celebrated their first birthday. Finally joy and peace came to our family.Here his Email/Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967/drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com He cure the following...infertility Liver/kidney Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,

    ReplyDelete
  5. We tried to get pregnant for a few years in a local clinic. There were no results. We've tried everything possible but nothing. We were recommended to use donor eggs. I knew we have to try herbal made medicine. I was terrified. I didn't know how to go about it and where to begin my search. When my friend recommended me to Dr Itua herbal medicine in Western African. I thought she was joking. I knew nothing about that country and I was afraid with shame I must say I thought it was a little bit...wild? Anyway she convinced me to at least check it out. I've done the research and thought that maybe this really is a good idea. Dr Itua has reasonable prices. Also it has high rates of successful treatments. Plus it uses Natural Herbs. Well I should say I was convinced. I and My Husband give a try and now we can say it was the best decision in our lives. We were trying for so long to have a child and suddenly it all looked so simple. The doctors and staff were so confident and hopeful they projected those feelings on me too. I am so happy to be a mother and eternally thankful to Dr Itua and Lori My Dear Friend. Don’t be afraid and just do it! Try Dr itua herbal medicine today and sees different in every situaton.Dr Itua Contact Info...Whatsapp+2348149277967/drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua have cure for the following diseases.All types of cancer,Liver/Kidney inflamatory,Fibroid,Infertility.Diabetes,Herpes Virus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen that every person wants to express their feelings but they are not able to express their feelings properly in words but the content you have written in your post is very beautiful, it seems that you have expressed your feelings Has expressed. Hi, you are a person who writes a very beautiful post, in the same way, you keep writing new posts in your life, our best wishes are with you. Real Photos Girl Gurugram
    Gurugram Girl Number
    Cheap price girls gurgaon
    Naughty Girl Gurugram
    VIP Girl Gurugram
    online girl gurgaon
    premium Girl Gurgaon
    premium health

    ReplyDelete